For some time I have been interested in using story-telling and anecdotes from congregants as an assignment or project for Sunday school. There are various ways of doing this, having congregants visit our children during Sunday school hour to share with them there personal stories, having the children ask and collect stories in coffee hour, or doing a more ambitious project like having the kids create a podcast about the congregation. The possibilities are endless.
At one time I collected few links that could be helpful for this project:
- http://www.toldstories.com – is a website for a story-telling forum that met and might stil meet in Cleveland.
- I came across and interesting story in New Jersey Jewish News.
- UUA has an interesting and helpful resource that can be used as a model for sharing stories in a congregation. – https://www.uua.org/re/tapestry/children/windows/session2/144144.shtml
- http://www.raycaspio.com is a teacher in the art of story-telling and has worked in Cleveland, might even be from here.
- An article on NPR about Stories [as] a Key To Human Intelligence.